Re: chmod again (Webpage Alert)

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 10:03:21AM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, John Williams wrote:
>
>>Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>>[snip]
>>> Second, you might wish to attach the output of "cygcheck -svr", as per
>>> <http://cygwin.com/bugs.html>.
>>
>>I don't think it's a bug, I just need to figure out the syntax to
>>achieve what I want to to!  The cygcheck output is attached:
>
>There have been more and more statements of this nature on the list (i.e.,
>"it's not a bug" when referring to bugs.html).  Perhaps we could move the
>cygcheck section of bugs.html to something like sysinfo.html, and link to
>it from bugs.html?  This way, when referred to the webpage, people's first
>reaction won't be "it's not a bug, so it doesn't apply to me".  Besides,
>the ESR essay on the same page discourages calling anything a "bug" in the
>initial post, and people probably feel that if they follow the
>instructions in bugs.html, their report would be considered a bug report,
>so they don't even bother to read further.

I've just changed the link from "Bug Reporting" to "Reporting Problems" and
reworded the web page slightly so that the word "bug" is only used when actually
talking about bugs.  The point is that we still want people to read this
page regardless of whether they think they are reporting a bug or if they
think the problem is all their own.

cgf
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam at sourceware dot org
and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com