Re: Happy Birthday (late), cgf...

Christopher Faylor wrote:

Here's an otter logo attempt for cygwin
^^^^^^^
I said "attempt" and I meant it; this was by no means perfect. It was something I'd been meaning to do for a while, and figured the wake for cgf's laptop needed a little New Orleans jazz... (if ya get the metaphor)

I like it... but... I've always pictured the otter on its back.

TTTT, me too -- in the generic sense that "otters are always on their back, floating in the water, cracking open abalone shells by banging them against a rock that is resting on their chest".

Don't know why, but that's the image I always picture when I think of otters. Probably from some silly "Blue Dolphin Island" or somesuch book I may have read as a child. But this isn't my therapist's office, so we'll just leave it there.

My son drew one like that, lounging on the bottom of the cygwin logo,
playing with the "arrow" in the center, like a fish.  He did it on poor
quality paper in pencil and we could never get a scan that we liked.

Sounds neat. If you have the crappy scans, I'll take a look and see if I can't doodle something similar. But I truly have no non-musical artistic talent at all; I have to have something to look at...

Then he got a girlfriend, so...

So, in true open source fashion, I'm saying "Thanks!  It really is great!
Would you mind...?"

No, not at all ... but it'll be a while; I've got "family issues" for the next few weeks.

Now, Tux has an established "look"; regardless of pose, you always recognize Tux as distinguished from some other penguin (like Opus, the political-junkie penguin from Bloom County). "My" rendition unfortunately doesn't have that sort of personality...

But, the point remains: Tux is Tux is Tux regardless of pose. Similarly, [*] is [*] is [*] -- whether lying on his back or sitting upright.

[*] cutesy name to be determined later.

--Chuck