Re: Exim, .forward and DBD::Oracle

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org>
To: "Dmitry Melekhov" <dm at belkam dot com>; <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 7:55 PM
Subject: Re: Exim, .forward and DBD::Oracle

> Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > You are right.
> > Problem is in PATH.
> > If I set PATH _inside_ perl script this doesn't help...
> > I simulated this doing unset PATH in command line
> > and I have the same problem.
> > When I export PATH=/cygdrive/c/oracle/ora81
> > this is enough to load Oracle.dll.
> >
> > Then I tried to setup exim as following, i.e. with PATH
> > $ /bin/cygrunsrv -I exim -p /usr/bin/exim -a "-bd -q15m" -e
> > "PATH=/cygdrive/c/oracle/ora81/bin"
> >
> > Unfortunately, in perl script I still have PATH=/usr/bin
> > and Oracle.dll can't be loaded.
> > Any ideas? Thank you!
>
> Sure Dmitry, as I wrote
> >> see "path" in sections 28.3 and 28.4 of the exim user
> >> guide http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.10/doc/html/spec.html

Oops, sorry!

> What's happening is that for security reasons exim will
> always reset PATH to /usr/bin (default, you can configure it
> to something else) when launching the pipe process.
>
> I don't understand why setting PATH inside the script
> doesn't work, but that's a perl issue and I know nothing
> about perl.

Thank you!

Now I have correct PATH.
But I have another problem :-(
Certanly, this is question for perl experts.
Perl never ends....
I see perl.exe from user tabel runs forever when it is started from
.forward.

If I kill this process last output from it is:
DynaLoader::bootstrap for DBD::Oracle (auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll)

This is script:

#!/usr/bin/perl
$ENV{ORACLE_HOME}='c:\oracle\ora81';
system ("/usr/bin/env");
use DBI;
$user = "tabel";
$passwd = "";
$host = "oracle.belkam.com";
$sid = "TABEL";
$dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Oracle:host=$host;sid=$sid", $user, $passwd);
print "OK";

Certanly, I can successefely run this from .forward on Linux (well, we run
postfix on this machine).

But I need to run it on windows :-(