Re: Windows XP & Internet Connection Firewall

Greg,

At 11:59 2003-04-09, Greg Kremer wrote:

I have been troubleshooting a problem I have notice with cygwin. ...

Now my question:

When I run cygwin with the Internet Connection Firewall running I can connect to our UNIX box but I cannot run the Xwindows Applications. If I run the following command:

emacs -d lc116052:0.0

Ater about 2 minutes the UNIX box reports "emacs: Cannot connect to X Server lc116052:0.0. Check the DISPLAY enviroment variable or use '-d'. Also use the 'xhost' program to verify that it is set to permit connections from your machine."

If I disable the Internet Connection Firewall the emacs command works fine.

I was just wondering if there is another work around besides stopping the Internet Connection Firewall?

How flexible is the firewall? Any decent one has a way of changing the rules it applies to what's allowed and what's not. If that's not an option, get a better firewall.

Thanks for your help

Greg Kremer

Randall Schulz