Re: Copy to a CD and distribute to students

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, nuno Cerqueira wrote:
> I would like to ask if there is any problem making the download of
> Cygwin packages to a CD and then distribute to students.
No, as long as you include the sources as required by GPL.

> This has to be done since some of the students don't have access to
> internet or some have a very slow connection.

> To I have to include some licence in the CD.
If you include the complete packages, (source and binary) the license is
in each package that needs one (the file named COPYING)

As for making the CD itself: there have been (many) recent discussions on
how it is done - you might want to search the archives.

HTH - IANAL

rlc

NB:
http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#IANAL