Re: Gold star for Joshua and a suggestion for setup documentation

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 12:55:31AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> If Joshua does incorporate the little bit of download.html that is not
> already present in his document, I hope it would go at the end of his
> document, for this very reason.

I realize this thread has been over for a while, but I was wondering if
the link to "read about additional download options" should switch from
download.html to cygwin-ug-net/setup-net.html or not. Looking at
download.html, the only thing I see that isn't on the setup-net.html page
is mention that .tar.bz2 files can be unpacked with Cygwin's tar + gzip [sic]
+ bzip2 and that WinZip *cannot* unpack the .tar.gz [sic] files.

I'd be happy to add this to setup-net.html if it's important anymore. Mention
of WinZip is already in the FAQ at:
<http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_toc.html#TOC60>

> I just don't think installing cygwin should be documented in two different
> places.

I agree.