RE: 1.3.22: TMPDIR Initialization

> From: Thorsten Kampe
> >
> > Is there a global/system wide postinstall script?
>
> There is no "cygwin.sh.done" in "/etc/postinstall".

Sorry, I *totally* over looked this thread...

I just read back on the thread...

From: Robert Collins
> Setup doesn't set any special permissions. It sets a generic umask and
> mode, and applies that throughout. ALL special permissions, scripts, and
> local customisations are done via post-install scripts, which run after
> setup extracts the package files, and before setup completes.
>
> So, if the TEMP permissions need adjusting, it's the job of a
> postinstall script (perhaps base-files in this case) to do that.

Quite correct, it would be fine for a script in base-files to
[create and] set the permissions on temp.

However on my w2k box...

ls -liash / | grep [t]mp
 140662    0 drwxrwxrwx+  13 Administ None         4.0k Mar 10 20:34 tmp

ls -liash $TMP/..
  72887    0 drwx------+  20 Administ None          36k Apr  6 08:16 Temp

ls -liash $TEMP/..
  72887    0 drwx------+  20 Administ None          36k Apr  6 08:16 Temp

all of which should be writable for me (I think...).

If somebody wants to write the script I'm quite happy to add it to
base-files.

[OT] Why isn't perl using /tmp?

and perldoc perldoc works on my machine.

J.