RE: 1.3.22: TMPDIR Initialization

Christopher,

I've read the http://cygwin.com/lists.html.  Here's the description for the
mailing list I posted to:

* cygwin-apps: a subscriber-only list for discussing packaging issues
regarding applications that are distributed with the Cygwin DLL. If you are
maintaining or volunteering to maintain one of the packages that is
distributed with the Cygwin net releases you should be subscribed to this
list. This list is intended for discussing solutions. It is not (with one
exception) for bug reports, "it would be nice", or "how do I" type of
musings. Use the main cygwin mailing list for that.

Here's the one exception: This mailing list is the preferred location for
design discussions and bug reports regarding cygwin's setup.exe program,
although such discussions may occur on the cygwin mailing list, as well. The
setup program is found in the cygwin-apps/setup directory.

The passage "[cygwin-apps] is the preferred location for design discussions
and bug reports regarding cygwin's setup.exe program" prompted me to send
the post to the cygwin-apps forum.

If this is no longer the case, someone may want to change the instructions.

-MM