Re: Postinstall failure: file not found

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Rudiyanto Gunawan wrote:

 >From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
 >Rudiyanto,
 >
 >Could you please do a clean install using the latest snapshot of setup
 >that you downloaded (2.348)?  Also, please select the gcc-mingw package as
 >part of that reinstall.  The reason for this is that the gcc-mingw
 >postinstall script actually prints something to its stdout, and so we can
 >determine whether that script did indeed run.  One other helpful thing you
 >could do is save the attached file as C:\cygwin\etc\postinstall\testpi.sh
 >before you run setup.
 >
 >Once setup completes, please post setup.log.full (you can bzip2 it to save
 >space).  Also please post the output of "ls -la /etc/postinstall".

Hi Igor,

First of all, I wanna thank you for trying to solve my problem.
This is my personal email, since for some reason hotmail didn't give
the attachment to me and I can't attach. Anyhow, attached is the
clean installation log with gcc and gcc-mingw packages selected.
Below is the snapshot of my installed cygwin windows. Notice that, I even
have to call "ls" using the full directory information.

bash-2.05b$ /usr/bin/ls -la /etc/postinstall
total 2100
d---------+   2 ???????? ????????     4096 Apr  3 19:45 .
d---------+   6 ???????? ????????     4096 Apr  3 19:45 ..
----------+   1 ???????? ????????      968 Nov 23 09:59 base-files-mketc.sh.done
----------+   1 ???????? ????????      142 May  7  2002 bzip2.sh.done
----------+   1 ???????? ????????  2140160 Jan  9 23:14 gcc-mingw-3.2-20020817-1.tar
----------+   1 ???????? ????????      760 Jan  9 23:14 gcc-mingw.sh.done
----------+   1 ???????? ????????      144 Sep 19  2002 gettext-devel.sh.done
----------+   1 ???????? ????????      141 Mar 22 16:52 libgdbm-devel.sh.done
----------+   1 ???????? ????????      188 Feb 28 11:21 passwd-grp.sh.done
----------+   1 ???????? ????????      276 Oct  3 15:42 profile.sh.done
----------+   1 ???????? ????????      173 Oct 10 12:29 readline.sh.done
----------+   1 ???????? ????????      222 Mar  9 17:16 terminfo.sh.done
----------+   1 ???????? ????????      259 Feb 22 15:38 update-info-dir.sh.done

thanks

Rudiyanto,

I'm replying back to your Hotmail account and Cc'ing the list.

The above indicates that your /etc/passwd was not constructed properly for
some reason.  Are you logging in as a domain user by any chance?  I
imagine people with deep knowledge of the ntsec mechanism (Corinna,
Pierre) will be interested in having a look at your /etc/passwd,
/etc/group, and the output of "cygcheck -svr" (as an attachment).  Could
you please post those to the list?  And the output of "getfacl
/etc/postinstall" would be interesting too.

Since this is happening on a clean install, I can only assume that there
is something wrong with the mkpasswd invocation...  But I'd be very
interested in Pierre's and Corinna's opinion on this.
	Igor
P.S. I'll review the setup.log.full you sent, but I think the above is the
reason for your troubles.
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
     |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
 -- Leto II