Use of openssh 3.6/3.6.1 seems to make some dos generated stdout drop

I've been having a problem with (I think) OpenSSH sshd in Cygwin.  I have a
project that builds with Nmake, and Nmake calls itself recursively as it
works it's way down into subdirectories.  When I run nmake from a regular
cygwin bash window or from within an rxvt window, it works fine.  But, if I
ssh into the machine, the first few lines of nmake output get displayed, but
at about the time nmake calls itself recursively, no more output is visible.
That happens after a few lines, and could be a coincidence.  The nmake build
continues on fine, but no output is visible.  This happened with the machine
running sshd versions 3.6.1p1 and 3.6p1, installed with setup.exe.  It was
fixed when I backed off to 3.5p1.

This symptom seems similar to reports I saw regarding running dos commands
from rxvt, and a tty vs. pty problem.

I saw this problem when I ssh-ed to the machine from itself, and when I
ssh-ed in from another machine.  I only changed the sshd version on the
machine in question.  I did not change ssh on the remote machine.  It
remained 3.6.1p1.

I had to insert 3.5.p1 by hand (bunzip2, tar xvf).  I could not figure out
how to get setup.exe to back off to that version.

cygwin                  1.3.22-1

The nmake files are actually generated by cmake.  That's probably not
relevant.

Not a great bug report, but hopefully it will be useful to someone.

Fred Wheeler