Segmentation fault in ld

Hello all,

I just discovered a bug in the current ld:

To repeat, just make sure there is no .libs in the current directory and
there is a minimal stub.cpp with at least one function. Run make with the
following makefile:

== BEGIN Makefile ==
all : stub.dll

.cpp.o :
        g++ -shared -Wall -Werror -g -c -o $@ $<

stub.dll : stub.o
        g++ -Wall -Werror -g -o $@ $^ \
        -Wl,--out-implib,.libs/$ at  dot a \
        -Wl,--output-def,.libs/$ at -def \
        -Wl,--export-all-symbols \
=== END Makefile ===

ld will segfault trying to open .libs/stub.dll-def

The Makefile is slightly crappy, of course, but ld shouldn't segfault in
any case, IMHO.

If this is in no way related to Cygwin, I'll send the same thing to the
Binutils list.

HTH

rlc