Re: Corrected: setup.exe beta (testing needed - really!)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 2003-03-29

Decided to think like a programmer, and repeat the test I did before
that ended at locking up Windows apparently. (A good first question
is usually, "is it repeatable".)

virgin Win98
Install From Internet
Just Me
Unix
C:\cygtest
ftp://mirrors.rcn.net
default package set

Now, the cygwin terminal window has not come up with a prompt in a
couple of minutes (this is my first time invoking it after
completing the first install). If I send a ctrl-alt-delete,
the top program on the task list is ~, and nothing
looks wrong. But now, after switching away and back, nothing
in the Win98 (v)machine is responding.

I can't really distinguish now whether this problem is due
to the vmware somehow, or due to cygwin.