Re: Cygwin-WinXP Suddenly no Mounts

>After a day of outage and trying everything PC resets etc, my CYGWIN is suddenly
>AOK, just as inexplicably as when it went OOS?
>
>All I did was try a reinstall , but it said nothing to reinstall, but then it
>was OK.
>
>Does CYGWIN setup check & fix Windows Registry by any chance?

Hey CYGWin Experts this could be something you'd like to check out.

Symptons

you open a New CYGWIN console all seems OK but you are in /usr/bin with none of
your environment, aliases paths it cannot find /usr/bin etc paths aren't
preceded by cygdrive etc

I had this problem for 24 hours it came and went w/o me intervening.

zzapper

vim -c ":%s/^/WhfgTNabgureRIvzSUnpxre/|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"

http://vim.sourceforge.net/tip_view.php?tip_id=305 "Best of Vim Tips"