RE: GPL violations et al

Question (this will lead to my real question, later):

Are the "mirrors" also responsible for providing source for all packages
downloadable by the Cygwin setup.exe?
Most Cygwin packages offer a "Src" tarball available for download along with
the "Bin" package, but there are numerous (significant) exceptions.  For
many
distributed packages, the source is only available in CVS.  Is the "mirror"
obliged to provide (at minimum) a CVS snapshot (or whatever it might be
called)
(I'm not CVS literate) of the source used for the binary?

This is the real concern for me: while I will willingly provide source for
all
parts of Cygwin I distribute, I'm not sure were/how to get the *correct
version*
of the source for the binaries I downloaded via setup.exe.

Advice?

Is it acceptable for setup.exe to allow download of binaries for which the
correct source is not available *from the same source* ?

Thank you,
	-David.
David Dawson
david. w. dawson@ lmco. com