RE: Added setup.exe to User's Guide

> From: Igor Pechtchanski [mailto:pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu]
--8<--
> IIRC, the only gotcha about using setup's cache on a CD-R was to not put
> it in the root of the CD-R (because of the way Windows omits the "\" from
> the root path, and that confuses setup).  Placing the cache in a
> subdirectory, say, "G:\cygwin" works perfectly fine.

Ok. I didn't catch that one, obviously.

My general point in this thread has been:
 Documentation should include simple pointers and just enough
information on use. Just so that an intelligent beginner can
read the text and find the information he needs.

Background:
 A few years back, when I was a beginner, I found it REAL HARD to
catch the hook - simply because the documentation was so
"beginner-unfriendly" (BUF ;-). I occassionally still have a
hard time finding the correct place in the docs.
 IMHO the docs doesn't need much of a change, just a few words here
and a reference or a pointer there. And this is all it is about...

 Without those *tiny* details, you're out in the cold as beginner.
If you're stubborn enough (I have been told I'm VERY stubborn) you'll
get a hang on it... If you're not... Well...

 Getting more users to the free software world is "A Good Thing"
i.e. a benefit for us all.
IMHO creating *too* terse docs is counterproductive in this sense.

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, Mariefred, Sweden

--END OF MESSAGE--