changing text file type from DOS to unix?

I am trying to install a package that needs the text
file type to be unix, but have previously installed
Cygwin with the file type of DOS.

Is it possible to change the text file type from DOS to
unix without doing a reinstall of Cygwin?  When I
go through setup, if I select the file type as "unix"
but don't select any new packages, it doesn't do
anything.

Thanks,
-Anoop