Building Mozilla Tools under CYGWIN

Hi all,

I am trying to build the LDAP C SDK from Mozilla under cygwin
and am looking for some advice.

The web page here:
	http://www.mozilla.org/directory/csdk.html

lays out the steps to build the Mozilla C SDK from source.

And, this page offers hints for building Mozilla for Windows:
	http://www.mozilla.org/build/win32.html#ss2.2b

The issue is as follows:
	"The Windows build uses a UNIX emulator for Windows, cygwin,
	to control the build process, and command line tools from
	Microsoft's Visual C++ to build its source files. "

I don't have Visual C++ ... and I don't have that to install. I would
like to build this SDK using only CYGWIN tools.

FWIW: I need this to build the PerLDAP Modules for Perl.

Any built these tools without using MSVC++ components? Other
useful advice?

Thanks in advance ...

Divya Sundaram