Re: midnight commander start new bash proccess after exit

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Tihomir Ganev wrote:

> Hi all.
> The problem is that after start mc(midnight commander)
> and when i
> exit from it.When i exit new bash shell is start.
> So when i start and quit 5 times MC in memory reside 6
> bash
> proccess.

This is known issue - I'm aware of it an plan to debug it in the
weekend.

MC doesn't actually start a new shell on exit, but starts the subshell
on startup and for some reason it fails to control it properly, so the
subshell never dies.

To fix you problem temorarily start mc like that:

mc -u

>From mc --help output:
-u, --nosubshell       Disables subshell support

This way MC won't leave any subshells around.