Re: inetd/telnet on win98 vs WinXP

I have run across unanswered questions in this newsgroup that I wished had
been answered, so FYI...

Apparently, if the environment variable USER is defined when inetd is
started, telnetd will not prompt for the user id.  I added "-e USER=cyguser"
to the cygrunsrv options on WinXP and it caused telnet to skip the user id
prompt and immediately prompt for the password.

news:b5d380$hvk$1 at main dot gmane dot org dot  dot  dot