Re: rxvt and mouse wheel

From: Michael Schaap <cygwin at mscha dot org>
To: Virginia Mann <tuanglen at hotmail dot com>
CC: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Subject: Re: rxvt and mouse wheel
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:06:53 +0100

On 17-Mar-2003 10:39, Virginia Mann wrote:
It appears that the version of rxvt installed by the Cygwin installer wasn't compiled with wheel mouse support. Of course I may be mistaken and am just doing something wrong.

WFM. :-)

You should have a look around your Control Panel - Mouse settings. Depending on which driver you use, it's probably possible to put rxvt on an "exception list" - tell the mouse driver not to use its own wheel handling, but let rxvt figure it out itself.

Interesting that it would work for you. When I type "rxvt --version", it informs me that "--version" isn't a valid option but then proceeds to answer the question anyway. Or appears to. Maybe the reason the option isn't valid is not that it doesn't exist, but because it lies.
;-) It lists some compiler options, but wheel mouse support is not among them.

My "mouse" is an IBM trackpoint "eraser head" on a laptop. There is no setting in the control panel for an exception list.

Thanks for the suggestion. It was worth trying. Any others? ;-)