Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New release of setup.exe (2.249.2.10)

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 12:44:12AM +0100, Markus Schönhaber wrote:

> Same machine as last time (same machine as every time, James).

I assume it's not the same as the very first time, when you wrote
"Most files seem to have no permission for "other"s. "

> previous
> setup deleted, registry keys deleted, CYGWIN still unset, same steps
> followed. Exception: setup.exe run under non-privileged domain user
> account, left the "Install For" setting as proposed to "Just Me":
> - /etc/passwd contains all local users plus the domain user who ran setup,
> - /etc/group contains all local groups plus domain group 10513,
> "mkgroup_l_d",

Good.

> - all files seem to have "kdall" (the domain user who ran setup) as owner
> and "mkgroup_l_d" as group. Since I'm not sure what exactly you are
> looking for, I have attached the ls -l output for /bin, /usr/bin and /etc,
> - testchown:

> -rwxrwxrwx    1 kdall    mkgroup_     8544 Dec 16 19:03 afmtodit

OK, things are fine again. Thanks for all the testing.

I can see a potential for some bad combinations and will probably strengthen
setup a little bit more.

Pierre