DBD Mysql and perl under Cygwin 2.249.2.5 , need to run rebase??

Hi,

I've been working on setting up a Cygwin server under Windows 2000 SP3.

I've successfully used CPAN to install DBI, and was mostly successfull in
installing DBD::Mysql (v 2.1026) using CPAN through following instructions
provided by Gerrit in an earlier message, (

and modified as suggested in:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-07/msg02202.html )

However, I did run into a couple hurdles.

1) The latest Mysql version I compiled the Mysql client from is 3.23.55 .

Then, when compiling DBD::Mysql through CPAN, a couple tests that fail for
reasons not entirely known to me when compiling w/o a local mysql server.

-- so, I edited the mysql.mtest file in .cpan/build/DBD-Mysql-201026/t/
to point to a live running mysql server with a test database.

2) Next, I created a dll as per Gerrit's suggestion (and the Cygwin Docs
at:  http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html#DLL-LINK  )

gcc -shared -o cygmysqlclient-3.23.55.dll \
 -Wl,--out-implib=libmysqlclient.dll.a -Wl,--export-all-symbols \
 -Wl,--enable-auto-import -Wl,--whole-archive libmysqlclient.a \
 -Wl,--no-whole-archive -lcrypt -lz -lmysqlclient -lm -L/usr/lib/mysql

Here's the problem I'm having now though. When I run a perl script that
calls DBI  (which in turn uses DBI::Mysql to connect to the database I
want to talk to). The perl script seems to do the database calls just
fine, but dies when calling a windows software command.

To make things even more odd. If I run the script giving it a flag that
avoids the database call, the script runs the windows software command
without trouble.

This is certainly baffling to me, and makes me wonder if I shouldn't use
the cygwin rebase command on my perl installation. However, I'd like to do
this only on perl if possible.

rebase refs:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2001-12/msg00894.html --Tishler's #1 msg
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2003-02/msg00025.html    #2 msg

Can someone help me construct the proper rebase command that would fix
perl to work with DBD::Mysql installed?

Thanks much!

Zach