Re: Resore my settings after reinstalling windows

Yongtao Yang wrote:
> Hello, list,
>
> This is my first message to the list, if it is just a FAQ, please
> forgive me and kindly point me to the link. BTW, I have briefly
> browsed the cygwin FAQ.
>
> I have a copy of cygwin/xfree86 installed and worked fine for a couple
> of months. But last week my windows became unbootable and I can not
> repair it using the Windows setup disk. So that I have to reinstall
> windows2000 over the old copy. Now cyqwin does not work. When start
> the cyrwin.bat, it prints :
>
> bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!
>
> in the command window, and I can not many commands like 'ls' . So how
> can I restore the original enviroment settings?

Re-run the setup program, giving the same Cygwin root directory. It will see
there is an install already there, and reset the mount table appropriately.
You can upgrade some packages at this time, or you can just set everything
to "Keep", and proceed through to the end of setup.

Max.