Re: setup.exe

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Matthias Lehner wrote:

> Hello
>
> Ive had some trouble becouse i downloaded all the packages but it seems
> that i had some errors with wat i think is a log were the setup saves all
> downloaded packages in a log. After the instalation i wanted to move the
> packages but i deleted them instad and when i tried to re-download the
> packages the "setup.exe" dowloads the setup.bz2 or someting and then sais
> "download completed", so i would like to know how to do to -re download the
> packages or delete the log please.
>
> Greetings MaL2k3

Matthias,
If you want to simply re-download all the packages, try blowing away the
download directory (which is named after the mirror site you used,
URL-encoded), and starting again.

I don't know if the current version of setup checks for package integrity
or just for its existence...  If you want to try a setup development
snapshot, it should contain the code to verify that the package you have
is the same as the one on the mirror (try it at your own risk, though).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune