Re: troubles in Pine

*** cronopio at gestalt dot cl wrote today:

:) Hi.	(and sorry for my spanglish)

No es problema, yo también soy Chileno, así que si quieres hablamos en
Español. En todo caso tu Inglés está muy bien.

:) 	I've CYGWIN_ME-4.90 in my PC. I'm trying to use Pine following the
:) documentation, making a ".pinerc" in home directory and using
:) fetchmail. But Pine can't open the mail folder, displaying next message
:) on screen:
:)
:) 	/var/spool/mail/cronopio/: not a selectable folder

Are you using  the "maildir" format?. Pine does not support it. There is a
patch for it, if you would like to try it, which you can download from the
web, but my advice is that you stay away from it. It's quite broken, and
fixing it will take a long time. It has not been updated in a while. If
you remove the directory "cronopio" and create an empty file there (called
cronopio too), the problem will go away.

Pine supports the mbox format, which is normally despised by those who
love maildir. It also offers you some other "propetary" formats, like mbx,
which supposedly gives you faster access to your mailbox.

:) 	Another messages, IMHO, are not important:
:)
:) 	Incomplete maildomain "Francisca"
:) 	Return address mail be incorrect.

Right, that means that there is no "." in your domain name. Something like
"Francisca.com" would not give you trouble. In any case, that message can
be supressed if you edit your pinerc and add:

	 quell-maildomain-warning

under feature-list (it's a hidden configuration option).

  I hope this helps you.

  Saludos a la cordillera.

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/personal.html