RE: Processes are unable to fully discard their controlling terminal

Christopher Faylor writes:
> On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 09:22:13PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 12:53:20AM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
> >>I can now successfully share an ssh-agent between all my shells, with
> >>it starting with the first one, and ending with the last, and no zombie
> >>windows if I end shells in the wrong order.
> >
> >I've noticed this behavior for a while and it has always bothered me.
I'm
> >glad that I was able to solve it.  I think Pierre's original bug report
> >got me thinking about this although I suspect that his problem still
exists,
> >unfortunately.
>
> I just found out that something as simple as 'sh -c ls' was broken with
> my change.  I've fixed that and am generating a new snapshot now.

This fixed the problem make was having with the original patch :-)

However I am seeing a new twist.

When compiling a project from a rxvt shell using the native MingW compiler
an empty cmd window is launched at each invocation of cc1plus.exe, this
console closes automatically when cc1plus finishes.

This console window is not launched when using a bash cmd console
instead of rxvt

This console is not launched when using the Cygwin version of the compiler
from a rxvt terminal

??

Cheers

Norman

$ cygcheck -s

Cygwin Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Mon Mar 03 10:54:14 2003

Windows 2000 Professional Ver 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 3
< snip >
    Cygwin DLL version info:
        DLL version: 1.3.21
        DLL epoch: 19