Re: sh crashes when executing msgfmt

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 09:21:15PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
>
>>Andreas Madritsch wrote:

>>>The following script crashes, when executed from the cygwin bash
>>>shell:
>>>
>>>**********************************
>>>#! /bin/sh
>>>
>>>msgfmt
>>>**********************************
>>>
>>>Is it that, what you mean by simpple test case?
>>
>>Works for me. This looks like one of those strange problems that only appear
>>on one machine.
>

> Either that or it is one of those strange problems where people differ on
> the meaning of a word. For instance, I suspect that the above may be
> "crashing" with an error like:
>
> msgfmt: not found

No, but msgfmt.exe of my djgpp installation has been taken, because msgfmt.exe of cygwin has not been found. I made sure, that msgfmt.exe
is located in c:/cygwin/usr/bin and that /usr/bin is in the path variable. An ls from the bash shell in /usr/bin results in a different files than I see from Windows Explorer.

Andreas