RE: Seg fault in home-built mutt

> On 21 Feb 2003, "Gary R. Van Sickle"
> <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net> wrote:
>
> (building mutt the cygwin way)
> > I use the following in my "makemutt" build script, which I
> > thought I included in the src package:
>
> > export PREFIX=/usr
> >
> > export MAILPATH=/var/spool/mail
> >
> > OPTS="--with-mailpath=/var/spool/mail --with-regex
> > --enable-pop --enable-imap --enable-locales-fix --with-ssl \
> > --enable-buffy-size \
> > --enable-external-dotlock \
> > --prefix=/usr \
> > --sysconfdir=/etc \
> > --libexecdir=\$(sbindir) \
> > --localstatedir=/var \
> > --datadir=\$(prefix)/share \
> > --with-docdir=${DIR_INST_DOC} \
> > "
>
> Ok. I don't get it. I've taken that, removed --with-regex and
> added --enable-external-dotlock and I'm still getting
> differences from the std package, specifically I get:
> -USE_DOTLOCK  +DL_STANDALONE
> +HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX
> +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET  +HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
> +HAVE_GETSID
>
> First line looks okay, and the second we can expect. But how am
> I getting the others? Is it because functionality within Cygwin
> and/or libraries have changed since you built yours, do you
> think?

That's what I'd suspect, especially on the "GET_SID", I know there've been a lot
of machinations going on with the stuff that ends in "ID".  Lemme lose the
"--with-regex" too...

...yep, I get the same differences.  I'll have to investigate what not using the
build-in GNU regex is going to do, but I'd hope the rest of the differences are
all positive.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.