Re: 1.3.16-1: Apache 1.3.24 not rotating/lockup problem

> Dylan Cuthbert wrote:
> >
> > Any more information on this problem?  Anyone solved it?
>
> unfortunatly no. I guessed the latest cygwin 1.3.20-x, which included
> some TCP connection related fixes would be the cure, but it didn't.
>
> > server-status makes it obvious what's being said in this thread - ie.
the
> > children forked by apache aren't allowing themselves to be re-used on a
> > different connection properly, hence they all eventually lock up (once
> > KeepAlive times out) and your web site goes down.
> >
> > Corinna - simply set KeepAlive on, and the time out value to 10.  Then
> > access your index page, wait 10 seconds and then access it again...
continue
> > this a few times and you will end up locking all the children up.  (they
> > work fine until the keepalive system tries to reset them to another
> > connection)
>
> thanks for the analysis. I'll try to scratch that down on one of our
> installations here.

Stipe, All,

I thought I'd give the latest cygwin snapshot (Febury 20, 1.3.21s) a go and
see if that fixes the problem, as Corinna made quite a few fixes in the
fhandler_* code. I've been running the Apache service for just over one hour
and twenty minutes, and although I can only access it from my machine due to
firewall restrictions, it is working quite well. I haven't done anything out
of the ordinary to get it up and running, unless this is considered out of
the ordinary:

- Changed the User/Group directives in httpd.conf to system/system.

And as Dylan Cuthbert suggested, I kept the KeepAlive directive/set to 'on'
and changed the Timeout directive to '10'. I'm accessing four documents at a
refresh interval of five seconds and have not seen an error what so ever.
I'm strace'ing just in case, too.

Just thought you'd like to know ;-)

Regards,

Elfyn McBratney