RE: Is MAILX supported

Many thanks for the info...

-----Original Message-----
From: Elfyn McBratney [mailto:elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk]
Sent: 22 February 2003 17:37
To: cygwin; wak9167
Subject: Re: Is MAILX supported

> Is the MAILX command supported or is there an alternative.  I keep
> getting the error mailx not found when running my script.

No. There are alternatives: ssmtp, procmail and exim. But if you need
something to read it then there's mutt and pine, and maybe a few more
(?).
Once you have installed this/these packages in setup.exe take a look at
their documentation located in /usr/doc/Cygwin for instructions on how
set the up and/or use them.

Btw, if ever you find that binary you used in another unix flavour is
not
found, you faviourite linux app cannot be found anywhere take a look at
<http://cygwin.com/packages/> . Type in the name of the app, adding a
'.exe'
to the end may help, and if no matches are found then it hasn't been
ported
to cygwin.

Regards,

Elfyn McBratney