Re: MESA

> Hello. I just installed Mesa 5.0 onto the latest Cygwin release...the
> installation process (./configure, make, make install) went without
errors.
> However, when I try to build the following simple test program:
>
> #include <GL\glut.h>
>
> int main()
> {
>    glutMainLoop();
>
>    return 0;
> }
>
> I get the following linking error:
> /cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/cccQYzSg.o(.text+0x1f):test.c:
> undefined reference to `_glutMainLoop'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> $ gcc -Wall -o test
> test.c -L/usr/local/lib/GL -L/usr/local/lib/GLU -L/usr/local/lib/GLUT

Your not linking (-l...) to the library that contains glutMainLoop() . I'm
not sure what the library would be as I have never used open/gl, but it
maybe that you need to append this

-lgl

on the end of

$ gcc -Wall -o test
test.c -L/usr/local/lib/GL -L/usr/local/lib/GLU -L/usr/local/lib/GLUT

> /usr/local/lib contains the following files:
> libGL.a   libGLU.a   libOSMesa.a   libglut.a
> libGL.la  libGLU.la  libOSMesa.la  libglut.la
>
> What am I missing?
>
> If this falls out of the scope of this mailing list (due to MESA not being
> an official cygwin package), I apologize.
>
> I've been googling all day, looking for the answer, but I haven't found it
> yet. Hope someone here can help me out.

As you said here is not really the place to ask this. The better alternative
to the cygwin ml would be perhaps the gcc-users list. Take a look at
<http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html> , there should be a relavent list there.
Also take a look at the README/INSTALL that came with MESA which might tell
you exactly what libs you need to link with ;-)

> Regards, Mikael

Regards,

Elfyn McBratney
elfyn at exposure dot org dot uk