Re: [avail for test] libtool-devel-20030216-1

Christopher Faylor  wrote:

> However, it could easily be standard.  I could include a i686-pc-mingw32-gcc
> and a i686-pc-mingw-ld in the gcc distribution.  And, I could also alias
> all of the i686-pc-cygwin-* tools to i686-pc-mingw32-*.  That would provide
> the equivalent of a cross compilation environment for cygwin.
>
> Then you just have to say
>
> configure --host=i686-pc-mingw32 --target=i686-pc-mingw32
--build=i686-pc-cygwin

Okay, that's me.  I've been doing something close to that (in an ad hoc
fashion)
for about 2 years.  I suspect that other people have hacked cygwin build
environment in their own way to do that too.  It works.

> and you bypass the arbitrary distinction of having a whole build system,
> based on cygwin which exists just so that uname returns 'mingw', or whatever.

And you concentrate on improving what already works rather than duplicating
effort.  Ooops.

Danny

> cgf

- Exchange IMs with Messenger friends on your Telstra or Vodafone mobile phone.