RE: Why the rash of people bypassing setup.exe to install?

Hi all,

I was going through all this thread wondering if noone
would see the (to me as a late Un*x guy) obvious:

Consider a slooooooooooooooooooooow net connection, e.g by
14.4 K Modem, or as Hannu does,
several hosts to be updated. The natural thing to me
appears to download the tar file, unpack
it somewhere, probably on a CD, and then run setup on your
target machine.
This would account for a load on the tar files while setup
isn't really triggered on the mirrors.

In this context I'd consider it a bad, at least confusing,
idea to rename the tar.bz2 files to something else.

 Regards
 							Dieter