Re: How to make dos windows bring up BASH automatically

Agreed -- don't even bother with the command shell if you want to immediately go to bash...

Max Bowsher wrote:

Steve wrote:

Max Bowsher wrote:

Steve wrote:

I have set up my path so that I can type "bash" in any dos window
and get bash.

I would like to set this up to be automatic, such that whenever I
activate a window for dos, that dos window comes up with the command

Please explain what you mean by this.

to switch to bash already executed.

Well right now I can bring up dos and type "bash" to get bash in that
window.

I would like not to have to type "bash".

I would like to bring up a dos window and have bash already be there
as if I typed bash.

How about the Cygwin shortcut on your desktop or start menu?

Max.