RE: Why the rash of people bypassing setup.exe to install?

[snip]
> Unfortunately, if you just want to install a single package, and newer
> versions of other packages that you already have installed have been
> released, it's cumbersome to tell Setup not to upgrade those other
> packages (ie. mark them all as Keep), because you have to scroll through
> the entire list looking for version numbers of those other packages, so
> you can set them all to Keep.

There... is... another... SkywalkerEEHHHHHHHH <keels over dead>.  There are
*three* chooser views.  The third one is the one you want; it lists only things
that Setup wants to change.  It's a much shorter list, and you just go through
those and click them to keep and you're done.

I don't blame you for not knowing that; *I* didn't until fairly recently, and
I'm coding a lot of the GUI!

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.