Re: Bash shell

Randall R Schulz wrote:
Hello, Fellow Curmudgeons,

I think we're really getting the tag-team meanness down to a fine art, aren't we?

Or is it "good cop / bad cop?"

It has recently come to my attention that some people think the Cygwin list is exceptionally unfriendly to the uninitiated. Of course, I'd just like to think we hold a higher standard.

Here, here! :-)  I should point out that there are all kinds of opinions
out there.  While some might feel this list is unfriendly, others think
the reverse is the case.  I just had some email today from someone new
who posted to the list and wanted to send my response onto other lists
as an example of a "professional" response.  I'm sure the fact that this
person chose my response is completely coincidental.  There are certainly
lots of examples of great, friendly help from this list.  I see it
everyday.

I don't want to start a flame war on this subject but I just thought this
was an opportunity for me to pass on some positive feedback to all those
who take some of their own time to provide support to this community.