DOH! Resolved RE: Compiling rsync 2.5.6 under Cygwin?

Max- (jump to the end for the spoiler)

Thank you MUCH for your quick, and detailed response!  I'll go look to make sure I've got the Cygwin popt package installed.  As to the remainder of your questions, I'll take my best crack here, get with my client (I have YET to witness the problem myself :-( and see if I can get any of the additional output you requested.  I'm not familiar with the strace or gdb commands, but I'll familiarize myself and see if I can provide the info.

As to "when it hangs" - the user reports that it's "intermittent" (hard to believe) and that is seems to hang after rsync reports:

<snip>
	rsync -rptvze ssh /home/crcq/rsynctest crcq@wwwdev01:/home/crcq
	building file list ... done
	[HANG]
</snip>

As to the warnings vs. errors - I guess I cut my output off a bit shy.

ARGH!!!  Damn... I JUST realized... I'm a complete idiot.  Despite the warnings... as you point out, the compile completes just fine, and I DO, in fact, have a new rsync.exe sitting in my source directory.

DOH!  You wouldn't imagine how my co-workers are ribbing me right now.  Here's hoping this post doesn't wind up in Google!

Thanks SO much for your help, quick response, and friendly response in the face of obvious ignorance...

Have a GREAT day!
Billy