username problem

Hello everyone.

Before I describe the problem, I wanted to ask to include my email address

in the CC field if possible since I am not on the list. I have some
problems which might be related.

I just installed the latest cygwin on my Win2K machine. When I open a
shell, my prompt is "t-ow@naddaf2". On the other hand, "id" reports my
username as "anaddaf" which is the username that I use when I login to my
Win2K machine. I saw similar postings and the suggested solution was to
update the /etc/passwd file but in my case, it won't do any good since my
/etc/password is identical to the "mkpassword -l".

What is puzzling me is that the user "anaddaf" which "id" reports doesn't
even exist in the /etc/passwd, nor does "t-ow". When I open the shell, it
takes me to the /home/Administrator directory. If I create a file, the
"owner/group" of my file will be set to "anaddaf/mkgroup" and again
"mkgroup" doesn't even exist in the /etc/group file.

I also noticed that commands such as "chmod" or "chown" don't do anything.

So for example "chmod a-r filename" doesn't change the "read" permission
on the "filename" at all! This might be related to the above issue.

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Ali.