Re: CygWin Installation

Sy,

It is. Or, more accurately, they are. A single archive would be unwieldy and somewhat at odds with the rapidly changing set of packages and the presence of very many packages of less than universal interest.

You can download individual tarballs (source tarballs are separate) from any of a large set of mirror sites and then simulate the actions of the installer.

But as we've seen here, people who try that fare rather worse than those who work with installer.

Really, if the Cygwin Setup.exe installer is the worst thing you've seen, you've had a blessed existence in your 30 years of computer use.

Randall Schulz