Re: Hope you can help

Steve Minnis wrote:
> Thanks, that was quick.

Please keep replies on the list. I won't get annoyed if you cc me as well,
but it's unneccesary to do so.

>  Is there any way to get it started in the
> background, in similar fashion.  Actually, I have not succeeded in
> getting sshd to run by any means I try.  (Yes, I am very much a novice
> when it comes to Unix, but I'm trying...)

Persuading things to run truly in the background is quite difficult. If you
can guarantee that the user at the physical console won't log off, you can
probably get away with just running sshd and minimizing it.

I fled the world of Win9x when XP came out, and haven't looked back. (I
realize that this is not necessarily an option. But there are compelling
reasons to forget about 9x if you are able to do so.)

Max.