cygwin path problems

I am having a hard time understanding the cygpath. I don't know why... But anyway. I am running Win2000.
I have created a executable jar file that lives at
/usr/local/ags/libs/test.jar

And jar is good and runs from a dos window if I move the test.jar to C:/

Anyway, I am trying to run it through cygwin so I am typing the following:

spurcell@DSGSTL-PC-1523 /cygdrive/c
$ java -jar cygpath -m /usr/local/ags/libs/makeThumbs.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: The system cannot find th
e file specified
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:105)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:110)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:52)

I have also tried

$ java -jar /cygdrive/usr/local/ags/libs/makeThumbs.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: The system cannot find th
e path specified
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:105)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:110)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:52)

I can't seem to get cygwin to run this. Could someone advise me on this.

Thanks,
Scott