Re: Cygwin Release process

The new View:Partial does help.  I can now easily see what will get updated.
It would be nice if there was a button, that set all of them to keep.
Often times, I want to update only a single package, and that makes it
easier.

So, from the feedback I am getting, it really boils down to a "not enough
people to maintain the feature" issue.  I don't think that people don't think
that a stable release of cygwin would be a bad thing, it is just that there
is no one to maintain it.

The least intrusive approach I can think of is the following:

Once a quarter, there is a cygwin release.   All packages in curr, get
automatically moved to cygwin-cur once a quarter.

cygwin-curr, prev, curr, exp

If bugs are reported for packages in cygwin-curr, they can be fixed, but no
new versions are allowed.   I would expect that this would provide a more
stable cygwin with not much manual effort.

I guess the problem is to convince folks, that this is a useful thing to do.
As a cygwin user, I think it would provide a more stable platform. You said
this has come up before.   Can you give me the search string so that I can look
at the old discussions.  I searched on release, but did not find anything
relevant.

-Bill