Problems with NT user acount under Cygwin

Hi Cygwin users,

Does anyone know of any tricks or gotcha's when setting up cygwin with Windows NT such that Cygwin can authenticate using an NT username and password for things like ssh password authentication, telnet, etc?

I've gone through the section on ntsec and read the info on the cygwin website, set-up /etc/passwd and all, but nothing seems to work with either local users on my NT box or NT domain users.

To top it off, this used to work flawlessly six to eight months ago.  Then one day, I upgraded cygwin and nothing has wored since.  Others in my office use these features all the time with the same NT environment without any problems.  But none of them knows how to solve this.

I'm tempted to say this is related to my NT user account, as I cannot log into ANY cygwin machines, while other NT users do so all the time.  Our Windows admins, of course don't have a clue.  It seems to only affect me.  :(  And of course under Windows, my NT username and password works fine.

If anyone has any ideas, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks,
Michael Mercurio
ADC Telecommunications     Tel: +1 508 836-3454
michael_mercurio@adc.com   Fax: +1 508 836-2677