From: Rob Siklos rsiklos@adexa.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:20:51 -0500
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: accessing network shares through rlogin

The problem is that when I rlogin to a windows 2000 machine running cygwin
and a .rhosts file exists so I don't have to enter a password, I can't
access any other windows network shares from that rlogin session.

However, if I delete the .rhosts file (so I DO have to enter a password), I
can access shares just fine.  If I connect using telnet, I can also access
network shares.

The same situation exists when I use ssh:  if it is set up so that I have to
enter my password, I can access shares.  But if I use public key pairs so
that I don't have to enter my password, I can't access any network shares.

Anybody have any ideas?

Rob.