Re: GCC bug with strftime

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 05:46:20PM -0800, Richard Troy wrote:
>I recently discovered a bug in strftime(). I downloaded a very recent copy
>of cygwin and tried again, but it's still there. So, I'd like to report
>it. I sent mail to the gcc-bugs list but nobody there seems to care,

Why *would* anyone in gcc care about a library problem?  I believe that
they actually mentioned that the below was a GNU extension.  But,
regardless, the problem has nothing to do with gcc.

>The problem is that this call fails to return an hour:
>
>	strftime(IT,key,"%m/%d/%y %l:%M %p", brokentime);
>
>The l% is supposed to represent a _space_ padded hour, as documented here:
>http://www.gnu.org/manual/glibc-2.0.6/html_chapter/libc_17.html#SEC302

cygwin != glibc.  However, since cygwin uses newlib, and the people in
the newlib project are a cooperative bunch, maybe if you submitted a
patch, they'd consider adding it.  The mailing list is newlib at sources
dot redhat dot com.

cgf