Re: xinted rsync bluescreen

Erm... I can't help with the blue screens, but if you can mount the filesystems you want to sync, there is an alternative called "ssync" (Google or Freshmeat for it) that runs OK in cygwin (I recall patching a utime() check or something similar, but it's a fairly straightforward matter).

Best of luck,

R.

On Friday, Jan 10, 2003, at 00:46 Europe/Lisbon, Bruce Dobrin wrote:

hmmm, that didn't seem to help, but things I did notice:

if I "net stop init"
/usr/sbin/chkconfig rsync on
net start init

and I add:
rsync 873/tcp
in services file, everything works just fine.

I seem to be able to chkconfig on/off all but rsync while init is running.
I've tryed this now on 6 machines (NT, 2K, XP) of all different configs and
it bluescreens on all.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sergey Okhapkin" <sos@sokhapkin.dyndns.org>
To: "'Bruce Dobrin'" <dobrin@imageworks.com>; <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 12:23 PM
Subject: RE: xinted rsync bluescreen

Try "chmod a+w /etc/xinetd.d"

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com
[mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of Bruce Dobrin
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 2:42 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: xinted rsync bluescreen

I'm setting up rsyncd on a 1.3.18 win2000 and an XP box

I've setup xinetd and init etc,  when I "chkconfig rsync on"
I get an immediate bluescreen.  is this a known issue? (and
is there a known fix?). didn't see anything in the mailing
list on rsync and bluescreen or crash or xinet pertaining to
this problem.

Thanks
Bruce
dobrin@imageworks.com