RE: Setup.exe (was: General comments... )

> From: Max Bowsher [maxb@ukf.net]
>
> Please keep replies on list.

 Sigh, "Microsoft Default replies" goes personal.
 (Or might it be that I'm not on the list?)

> Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail) wrote:
> >> From: Max Bowsher [maxb@ukf.net]

> >> I did this for ages, until I found out that "Install from Internet"
> >> does maintain a local directory you can install from again.
> >
> >  And where is that directory located? I do NOT want it to be on a
> > hardcoded location (like C:\cygwin\ or something) because of backup
> > AND space considerations.
>
> The directory you specify in "Select Local Package Directory".

 Nice :-), now the thing that is missing is just mentioning this
on an obvious place, or maybe; change the initial
"Choose A Download Source"  into "Choose operation(s)"
with a 'list' of checkboxes:

 Local directory: <current path displayed>
 Install root dir: <current setting displayed>
 Internet connection: <current setting displayed>

 [ ] Change settings
 [ ] Download to local directory
 [ ] Install from local directory

(where the first checkbox makes the thing go through all the
 settings: root and local dir, internet connection type...)
which might be more intuitive, don't you think?

NOTE: I'm not pro-anything, I just feel there is room for
      improvement with the current 'layout'.
      Here I'm trying to find out what 'improvement' is to be.
      Please, be open-minded! :-)

-- 8< --

> "Beep after long operation" ?

 Hmm... ;-) I must have a load of latent agressions: I don't like beeing
beeped at! :-}

> Sane, but I personally don't have time to code it.

 Ahh... Have I heard that before? ;-)

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, Mariefred, Sweden - busy undergraduate, B.Sc. EE.