Re: Bash backquote bug?

Michael,

I cannot reproduce this. When I recreate your experiment, I get the results I'd expect.

Are you sure your script is using BASH? You should know that /bin/sh is ash, not BASH. Nonetheless, I cannot reproduce the problem with ash, either.

Out of curiosity, why are you using the "-L" option to "ls?" Are symbolic links involved here?

Please send "cygcheck -s -v" output as a non-inline, non-compressed text attachment.

Randall Schulz