RE: Repost, different list...File::Spec, Cygwin, Syntactic vs. Semantic path analysis

> >So I think a fix could to change F::S::Win32 to convert all win32
> >pathseperators to unix pathseperators, and hand it off to F::S::Unix
> >to do the actual catfile(), etc calls...
>
> Sounds fine, as long as we still do the right thing when
> handed paths with backslashes in them (i.e. result should
> have backslashes too). I'm not much worried about how the
> internal implementation is done (at least for now :) as long
> as the interface and semantic guarantees are correct.
>
> So yes, I think we're generally in agreement here.
===
	um...maybe...I don't mind normalizing converting all A to B, but
it could easily be *wrong*.

	I can have "\" in a unix pathname, and i can have "/" exported in
an arbitary sharename that *isn't* a directory separator.  Yes -- they are both
edge cases, but trying to come up with a rule that doesn't consider what will
happen in the 'edge' cases is like not programming to check for buffer
overruns.  Hopefully we can think farther ahead...

-l