[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: OpenSSH-3.5p1-1

Karl M karlm30@hotmail.com
Thu Nov 7 09:23:00 GMT 2002

The behavior I see now is that if I do

chown administrators.none /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key*
chmod 777 /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key*

Then with StrictModes enabled, sshd will start and run just fine (running as
system). But if I then do

chown system.none /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key*

Then sshd fails to start. But I (think I) recall that in the past the
protection had to be tight and the owner had to be system for sshd to start?
Am I remembering correctly?

Thanks,

...Karl